Are you trying to use heart rate as a tool for your running, but unsure about heart rate zones? Personalizing your HR zones is absolutely 100% necessary to really use the numbers as a tool for training.
In my promise to provide REAL, tangible answers and demonstrations, I used myself as the guinea pig.
In the video, I’ll take you through the whole process from start to finish.
- What is lactate threshold?
- How do you conduct the test?
- I actually go out and run the test in the 40 degree Boston rain. Why couldn’t it be sunny??
- Analyze the data and find your lactate threshold.
- Plug your information into our spreadsheet and get your HR zones. (Click here for the spreadsheet link)
Note: There are PLENTY of different ways to set HR zones. I feel that using a Lactate Threshold test is the most effective way. If you have a preferred way, share it in the comments!