Last Thursday, I posted the initial episode of Deep Thoughts on endurance with Coach Ryan while on my way to the running store.. (Bonus points if you can come up with a better name!).
It turns out, having a conversation with myself was fairly interesting. I got a few feedback comments from some of the MTGE athletes (Thanks Guy, Gabriel, Amy, Nichole and Chris!).
Today, I knocked out Episode 2 during an unseasonably cool walk to Marathon Sports. In this week’s Episode, I cover:
- Pros and Cons of Heart Rate Training, Pace Training and Effort Training.
- Combining all three types of the above training.
- What happens when you run in the heat (and cold!)
- Greasing the groove (which I constantly refer to as Greasing the Wheel!)
- Making training extend into your everyday life.
I have to be honest. I love the ability to simply put on my iPhone, hit record and start talking. There is a very real and conversational tone to these podcasts, which I love.
I am a COMPLETE podcast junkie and shows like 99% Invisible blow my mind on the weekly. However, I’m much more of a create and let it fly, type of guy.
It’s time to keep it real. Here’s Episode 2!
Make sure to let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks for listening. And if you have a better name for the podcast, shout it out!